I am personally all about trying to streamline my beauty routine, so when an affordable option of an in shower lotion came out I had to pick it up and try it! How will Nivea In Shower Lotion fare? Click down to find out!
What it promises: In-Shower Smoothing Body Lotion helps revolutionize the daily skincare routine and transforms body care with a different take on moisturizing.
- Conveniently moisturize your skin in the shower
- Moisturizes instantly with not sticky feel
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized for 24hr+
- NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion has received the Good Housekeeping Seal
HOW IT WORKS
The patent pending formula absorbs into wet skin in seconds and provides 24hr+ of moisturization
What I found:
This is no Ro Body Conditioner but this is really good! I find my skin when dried off feels nice and smooth. I do not feel the need to moisturize after my shower, unless I’m sunburned then the aloe goes on too.
My skin doesn’t feel greasy or that it has residue left on it. In the shower my skin feels slick after I wash it off but once I dry off my skin feels normal.
I also feel like you get a lot of bang for your buck, this stuff lasts forever! This is also 13.4 oz of product so for around $6 this is a lot of lotion for your buck. I also feel that I do not use more product than if I was using normal lotion to moisturize. I do feel like I use this more often, because I do have the bad habit of not using regular lotion for days at a time- sorry skin!
My only con is I’m not a fan of the scent. I wouldn’t call it offensive nor does it linger – thank god! It’s eh in the scent department. Which is a good thing I suppose since this in shower body lotion will not interfere with your perfume.
How to use:
- Wash your body off first to make sure you have a clean surface for the lotion to soak in.
- I apply Neiva in Shower lotion after I put my second round of Wen in (After applying conditioner) all over my body.
- Wait with it on your body for about 2 minutes. I usually comb my hair with the Wen in it then wash my face and décolletage with my Clarisonic while I wait
- After I wait the 2 minutes I wash my hair clean then make sure all the lotion washed off too
- All done no need to moisturize with regular lotion!
- Skin is moisturize for hours after application
- No need to layer regular lotion
- Skin feels normal after use
- Does not make shower slippery
- skin feels clean even after use
- This 13.5 oz bottle lasts FOREVER!
- My only complaint is I’m not a fan of the scent
- Moisturizing, but wouldn’t say 24+hours
VERDICT: While I will always love Lush’s Ro Body Conditioner, Nivea In Shower lotion in Shea Butter for Dry skin is more in my budget. It works just as well in my opinion, just doesn’t smell as nice. That all being said I full heartily recommend giving Nivea’s In Shower lotion a whirl. I will be personally repurchasing this when I’m done this bottle!