I was never really a Valentine’s Day mush. It was the holiday that I got chocolate and a gift if I had a boyfriend at the time. When I started dating Mr. J everything changed. I got into the holiday a bit more. I had fun thinking of a way to surprise him and make him smile.
I am all about giving a gift that has meaning. Not something that is just a shiny object. Here are some tips to find the perfect gift for your guy.
Note: I am linking the pictures to the sites where I found the images from for my examples There photos do not belong to me, nor were taken by me.
- Does he like sports? Does he have a favorite sport team?
- If so you could get him a shirt or a team jersey.
- Get an item with their logo on it. Such as bag, or phone case or reusable water bottle.
- You could get him a mini title belt for his key chain. For example a double team title belt. Or even tickets to see the WWE live when they come to town next.
- You could get him a phone case or shirt in his favorite color. There is nothing wrong with basic items.
- Mr. J LOVES to fish. You could get him fishing supplies.
- Or you could turn it into something cute like what I did. I bought this tackle box and filled it with gummy worms, and gummy fish. With the saying on top “I’m hooked on you!”
- I bought Mr. J his favorite candy last year all red starburst. They love the fact you pay attention and do something thoughtful for them. It shows them you care!
- Love notes are something not to be over looked. No matter how unmushy your other is he will still appreciate a note filled with why you love him, and how special he makes you feel.
- Cook something for him!
- Last year I also made Red Velvet Cupcakes.
- This year I plan to make him Chocolate Chip Muffins and I plan to tape “Stud Muffin” to the top of it! Silly things make them smile! I bought the container and the cupcake foils at the dollar store! Such a steal! Try to make a different sweet each year to keep him guessing.
Another great idea is book a hotel stay for a little get away – What I also did for Mr. J! I didn’t book it for Valentine’s Day Weekend. We are staying in Atlantic City for a few nights during restaurant week! We are both super excited for this!
Remember this isn’t about who can give the better gift. Valentin’s day to me is about showing your love one how much you truly care about them.