It’s funny what you find when looking through your old draft posts. I found this oldie but a goodie foundation review hidden. I can’t even believe I never published this review! I loved this foundation in the summer! Click down below to see what this is a hidden gem for me!
What it Promises:
Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core
Fresh gel foundation blends to a natural matte finish
Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil
Why You’ll Love It
- It’s one-step perfection.
- The first of its kind – lightweight gel stick foundation with an anti-shine powder core:
- Powder core instantly dissolves excess oil.
- For flawless, shine-free skin and tailor-made natural matte coverage.
- Easy to apply and great on-the go.
- Available in 12 oil-free shades.
For Best Results
Apply to your face and blend evenly with your fingertips.
What I Found:
This is a fresh feeling matte foundation. It claims it’s a gel foundation, I wouldn’t quite say that. It’s not kidding about it being matte, it goes on a bit dry. PERFECT summer foundation. I repurchased this on 3 different occasions this summer. I went through this foundation pretty fast in the summer.
This foundation stick applied flawlessly. I did use a primer underneath this and even on super hot days it lasted a long time. I did set it with powder too. For a foundation in the summer heat to last about 5 hours is a huge feat. When I did sweat I blotted my skin, not wiped at it.
I felt like my skin never looked dry with this. I wouldn’t wear this in the winter though. I have dry skin and it would look patchy in the winter.
I purchased the shade 115 which was perfect for my Summer ‘tanned’ skin. I don’t tan but this matched my slightly darker skin in the summer.
- Matte Finish
- Perfect for Summer
- Flawless coverage, about medium coverage
- Does not look patchy or cakey – in the summer
- Did not cause me to break out
- Super affordable
- Can be drying if you have dry skin
- I would not personally use this in the winter when my skin is super dry
- Not a wide color selection
VERDICT: Like I said above this is my favorite summer foundation. I just can’t wear it in the winter when my skin is much drier. I would recommend this to those who have oily skin, or just as a summer foundation. I find that it has great stay power! It’s also super accessible, found in drugstores, ulta, walmart and target.