I have been avoiding writing this review of my Birchbox all day. I had the screen with the blank post up for at least an hour before I typed anything. My Birchbox was over 14 days late this month. They didn’t make the shipping label till the 13th then it doesn’t even get picked up by the post until the 19th! The lateness of this box is completely, and utterly unacceptable! As well as the fact that this is the 3rd box in a row that this happened has just makes me so frustrated.
I don’t want to blast Birchbox but I am beyond pissed with the company is putting it nicely. Let me just let you see what’s in my box before I share my issues.
In the box it contains a sponsored paper with Jetblue. Didn’t really read it because I frankly do not care. It’s a ploy to discretely get us to choose that plane company on our next trip. Tossed right away, waste of paper.
June’s theme is away we go. Which is funny because they must have been away parting with their interns(Got a lovely snapchat of this) too much to pay attention to a whole missing set of boxes that never got sent out (Found out from facebook I’m not alone with my missing box).
What I got in my box:
- Antica Farmacista Body Wash – Smells okay. I haven’t tested it yet but I do plan to. I did not click that I wanted to sample body care items. This item doesn’t match my beauty profile.
- Cynthia Rowely Lip Stain– I haven’t tried this one yet but I do plan to. It’s in the shade Valentine and matches my beauty profile.
- Evologie Stay Clear Cleanser – I will not try this, I’m allergic to willow bark. I had a nasty rash from Burts Bee’s acne line which contains willow bark. As well as I was sent an Evologie acne fighter before which gave me a rash since I didn’t know it had willow bark in it. I clicked in my beauty profile sensitive skin, but skipped acne-prone for this exact reason. Does not match my beauty profile.
- Phyto Glossing Serum- I’ll give this a whirl, but since I don’t normally suffer from frizz I won’t see much of a difference. I did not click frizzy in my beauty profile. This does not match my beauty profile.
- The Aloe Source Antioxidant Creme – I might try this. I’m not really sure yet. After the Evologie incident from my March 2013 box I’ve been super hesitant to try the face products sent to me. This does match my beauty profile.
There’s at least 2-4 item I’ll try in my box. I know there is 1 for sure that will go into the sample box that will eventually be thrown out. It’s seriously a shame that birchbox does not have a section to write warnings for allergies! I hate getting a product I know I can’t even test!
I had 2 phone calls with birchbox and I never left happy from them. They didn’t solve the problem of my missing birchbox but rather tried to pacify me until my box showed up. It honestly didn’t work and I will more than likely cancel my birchbox subscription. What I had to deal with birchbox left a really bad taste in my mouth. Apparently stating my opinion that painting your nails in public during a graduation ceremony is rude was unkindly taken. As well as I was attacked for it on their social media, Instagram for it. How the situation was resolved (it wasn’t) left a terrible taste in my mouth as a company.
I really did love birchbox. I found a lot of great products through them, twistbands, whish shaving cream, Vasanti BrightenUp!, pur minerals cc cream, dr lipp nipple balm, Serious Skincare Glycolic mask, and I had a great experience with them with the beachwaver.
It really breaks my heart that a company I loved to be subscribed to as well as a company I used to want to work for that I feel hurt by it. It is just a heartbreak the one thing I couldn’t wait to get in the mail amongst the bills was my birchbox and now I can’t even count on it getting to me within 5 days of the 10th of the month.
I want to love birchbox, I really do but I will probably cancel soon.