Life post. Not sponsored.
This past weekend was Valentines Day weekend, and I like everyone else spent time with their significant other. I spent most of the weekend with Mr. J. I actually made him dinner on Valentines Day, his favorite, Chicken Parmesan and pasta! Click down below to see how I won the way to my boyfriends heart this weekend!
This chicken parmesan recipe was the same that my grandma used to make when I was little. Which I love and learned to make. It’s beyond simple. It’s just a dip in egg, throw chicken in a bag mix, then bake it. That simple, but it makes the crispiest chicken ever! I also use the same breading mixture to make chicken fingers – the only difference is I cut the chicken smaller!
Let’s get down to business! (-to defeat the Huns!!! – What? No? okay hahaa) A little FYI this isn’t exactly the most unhealthy version but at the same time it’s not that healthy either.
2 cups of Kellogg breadcrumbs.
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Basil
3 teaspoons of Oregano
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan – Fresh tastes better but in a squeeze I’ve used kraft pre-grated cheese before
2 eggs scrambled not cooked, nothing added.
8 oz packet of Mozzarella
1 Jar of Tomato sauce (16oz works fine) – preferably the one you are also using for the pasta you will probably be cooking.
You need 4 or 5 regular chicken pieces that you have to flatten. OR you could buy one pound of thinly sliced chicken breast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees
2.. Take all the dry ingredients – Breadcrumbs, Basil, Oregano, and Parmesan and put them into a gallon zip lock bag. Seal the bag and mix it up. Then set aside
3.Take chicken breasts and flatten them. I used a rolling pin and beat the death out of them. I than cut the thinned out chicken breast and cut them into 2 or 3 pieces. OR if you buy the thinly sliced chicken breast you cut them into two pieces.
4. Dip cut-up chicken pieces in the egg batter, I dip one at a time.
5. Place up to 3 chicken slices in the zip lock bag, seal and shake it. Once chicken is covered place on a foil lined baking sheet.
5. Repeat the dipping and shaking for the rest of the chicken.
6. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes then take it out and flip the chicken. Then add thin slices of mozzarella on top of the chicken. Then put a spoonful of sauce on top of the cheese and chicken.
7. Once all chicken is flipped, and topped with mozzarella and sauce place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how well you want the cheese to be melted.
Voila! You can a delicious Chicken Parmesan dish that pairs perfectly with Pasta, and a vegetable or salad.
This is also a personal choice, I’m not much of a drinker personally but this meal goes wonderful with Moscato d’Asti. It’s a sweeter version of Moscato.
And for desert I made red velvete cup cakes with homemade cream cheese icing!
Mr. J and I had a really simple Valentines Day this year. How did you guys spend your Valentines Day anything special?
What are your favorite wines?