It’s a snowy day where I live so when I saw my birchbox in with my mail I could not be happier! Click down below to see if I remain happy with the items in my box.
The packaging my box came in this month is very festive and cute! Even the inside of my birchbox is a golden stripes!
I actually received my birchbox within some good time. I seriously don’t understand how I get mine so late all the time. I live so close to New York City which is where their based. I guess their wearhouse is father away.
This month theme is Sparkle and Shine, not really much detail on their theme other than it’s the holiday season. This theme was not as thought out as November’s theme.
I just want to stop and say I haven’t been thrilled with my last two birchboxes. They’ve only had one or two products I like or would even consider using. It’s really annoying since I’m not discovering any new products, you know the whole point of Birchbox.
What I got in my Birchbox in December 2013:
- Elite Therpeutics- Elite Creme: This is a super moisturizer packed with lots of vitamins and antioxidants. On the back it has directions for patient use which is used to prevent or treat radiation skin reactions so I’m guessing this is a super moisturizing face cream on steroids. I might use this, but I’m afraid it might break me out. Got a deluxe size, about 1oz.
- Hair Rules – Daily Cleansing Cream: This is a sulfate free shampoo. I don’t use shampoos with sulfates in it, so I guess I would try it if I wasn’t using wen exclusively. See Review here. I don’t have hair products checked off on my survey so I’m pretty annoyed it’s a 2oz deluxe size.
- La Fresh Travel Lit Makeup Remover Wipes: I got two single packs. I haven’t tried these yet, but I’m nervous to do so. The only brand of face wipes like these that don’t break me out is Simple, even my go to skin care brand neutrogena wipes break me out.
- TwistBand Metallic Hair Ties: Oh look Birchbox are pushing these dreadful things that don’t actually hold my hair up in a ponytail again. What honestly annoys me more than anything is that they give me the same exact color as the one I received in my March Birch box, see here.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black: This is honestly the only item I like and know I will use so far in my box. I tested it on my hand it’s opaque in one swipe! The felt tip is really long so I’m not sure on how it’ll handle when creating a winged liner look, but we’ll see.
Here’s my March 2013 Birchbox with the SAME EXCACT twistband.
As you can see I am annoyed with this box, there’s only one maybe two items that I will try. The eyeliner is this box’s saving grace keeping it from being a complete waste. Last two boxes weren’t that great either. I’m seriously thinking of giving birchbox the axe. I’ll decided after I see what’s in my January birchbox.
What did you ladies get in your boxes? Do you think I should give birchbox another chance?
If you want to try birchbox for yourself click through here and help me out! I wholeheartedly recommending trying it out! I love it (On most months)! When you review a product from the box on their site they give you 10 points. When you reach 100 points you get $10 to spend in the store where you can buy full size products of the items you get from your box!