WHAT IT PROMISES:
Use for hair that is:
- Too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer
- Will not hold color Is over bleached
- Breaks when combed or brushed
- Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying
WHAT I THINK:
The state of my hair before use: I have bleached/ pool water damaged hair. My hair is fine. When my hair is wet certain parts of it gets squishy. Split ends galore at my ends.
How to: You take the packet labeled one and shake it up really well. After that you pour it into a squirt bottle for easier application. You apply this to fresh just shamppoed hair. Do not use a conditioner. After washing you hair, let it air dry for a bit. When you apply the first part hair must be damp, not soaked. You only brush your hair once before you apply the product, Spray product evenly to your hair. After its despenced through out hair you blow dry it. Blow dry carefully so you dont roughen up the hair. During this process hair will become straw-like. This is what is supposed to happen. Becareful because the hair can break if you are too rough. It took me about 20minutes of heat to fully dry my hair with the product in it.
My hair after I blow dried it.After hair is fully dry jump back into the shower to rinse it out. The water should be warm, but not hot. Don't touch your hair, or run your fingers through it. Just let the warm water run through it till your hair softens back up. Once product from packet one is rised out apply product 2 through your hair. I let that sit for about 5minutes. Wash out the conditioner then you're done! I do suggest you do a hair mask after you use both of the hair packets to give your hair extra moisture.
Tips and warnings:
*Open a window, or have a fan on, or burn a candle in the next room because this stuff stinks. Like its gross. BUT the smell doesnt linger thank god for that!
*This takes awhile so set aside at least an hour and half to do this.
* Use a deep moisturizing hair mask after using both these packets. This treatment basically strips your hair's moisture to strengthen it so a heavy duty mask is needed afterwards!
* Dont expect miracles. This can only do so much. Its hard to repair hair after its damaged. My spilt ends are still present. My hair doesnt feel like virgin hair. But it does feel healthier. Just keep this in mind.
*Do not use this sooner than 6 weeks. If you overuse this product it will cause more damaged. To be safe I recommend only using this every 2 months.
My hair after use two weeks later: This changed my hair a lot. It's now solfter to the touch, even when I don't use my argan oil after a shower. Hair feels less fragile. When my hair is wet it's not squishy in parts anymore. Split ends are still present and noticeable, unfortunately. Less breakage
- Hair feels softer
- Less breakage
- No more squishy wet hair.
- The product in package one reeks.
- Split ends still visible
- Doesnt feel like virgin hair.
- After reading other reviews and the package it claims a lof things.
VERDICT: I really like this treatment. It worked great for my super damaged fine hair. My hair feels a lot healthier to the touch, it looks healthier. But remember this isn't a miracle in a package, it can only do so much. I already repurchased another one for later use. You can buy this at Sally's $4 for a single packet use.